Saturday 25 April 2015

My Perfume Collection!

I only have a select few perfumes currently, so I thought I would chat through them with you. A couple of them are perfect for Spring too. Although scents are difficult to describe, I shall do my very best! 




Le Classique by Jean Paul Gaultier (50 ml) £48.50 - 




The bottle for this perfume is so sex-uh-al; a voluptuous female silhouette, oh la la. The perfume itself is a combination of oriental floral fragrances. There are notes of rose, and orange blossom spiced up with hints of star anise and ginger. While vanilla and amber are also involved to create a warmer scent. I would say it is the most mature scent in my collection. Although it is not my favourite, it is still well used. It is not the heaviest or lightest of scents, so it can be worn daily, or on a night out. A great all-rounder. 

Daisy Dream by Marc Jacobs (50 ml) £46.80 - 




This perfume is extremely Spring appropriate. The packaging also looks adorable on my dressing table; the little daisies enveloping the lid, are super cute. It is a light fragrance that is floral yet fruity. The notes include blackberry, grapefruit and pear (sounds like a delicious smoothie to me). In addition there is jasmine, lychee, and blue wisteria as well as white-woods (is that white wood?) musks and coconut water. This perfume when broken down really does sound so on trend with the healthy folks of today. Coconut water and fruit, yum! Nevertheless instead of consuming it, I spritz it all over instead. It is such a lovely day to day scent. Bright, fresh and sweet. 

Nirvana White by Elizabeth and James (10 ml roller-ball) £14.50 - 




I was so intrigued by the Olsen twins line, as it was so talked about frequently when the perfumes first launched. I tested the black and white in store, they were apparently created to be paired together (is it a twin thing?). However I feel this is a clever marketing trick, to sell two perfumes instead of one. I don't know. I preferred the white though, so only purchased one. Ha! I avoided the ploy..well for now at leasy. The scent is a blend of peony, chic muguet and tender musk. It is sincerely feminine yet sophisticated. It may be found too floral for some, but I enjoy it. The roller-ball is white and gold, so sophisticated packaging for a sophisticated scent. A great one to stick in your handbag for on the run. 

Molecule 01 by Escentric Molecules (30 ml) £27 - 



This was hyped up all over the blogosphere upon its release, due to its enticing formula. The product is supposed to interact with the wearers natural pheromones to create an individual scent for each person. This in turn is supposed to smell wonderful on you, as it is essentially formulated just for you (with help from your natural chemistry). I thought this was probably a gimmick. However, I have experienced the most wonderful (and over the top!) compliments whilst wearing it. They have come from two people, on different occasions. To the point one of them asked me to go and get my bottle of perfume, so she could try it on. She also said she could smell mine, on her way up the driveway to the house, and that she absolutely adored it - That is one powerful scent. She tried some on, and came to the conclusion she preferred the scent on me. Maybe it really does work! When I smell it on myself it smells rather masculine and overpowering. However on a night out I think it's fantastic, as you want something a little more sultry and long lasting. Also the compliments have certainly aided a positive review of this fragrance. 

Blistful Mistful by Zoella (45 ml) £9 - 




Cute name. I do love a good product name. This is my most recent addition to my perfume collection, and by far the most reasonable in price. I held out on purchasing this body mist by Zoe Sugg, as I didn't seek it out immediately, knowing it was targeted at a younger market. Nonetheless when I sniffed it in Superdrug, I was pleasantly surprised at the scent. It's soft and sweet, but not sickly sweet in my opinion. The notes are fresh, floral and fruity. This is obviously something I am interested in, evident in my other perfume choices. This will be great for a quick spritz on warm summer days. It's cheap and cheerful, go YouTubers!

Other perfumes I adore but do not have in my current collection include Pink by Next, and the Paris scent from River Island. Also Abercrombie & Fitch scents are great too. These are all more reasonably priced than a few of my high end perfumes, if you don't want to break the bank. 

Hope you enjoyed venturing into my petite perfume stash. Let me know your favourite perfume in the comments below, and I shall have to check them out and give them a sniff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment