Tuesday 24 March 2015

My Everyday Make Up Look!


This is my typical everyday go to make up look. I switch up some of the products from time to time, but this is tried, tested and true. I adore all the products and appreciate how it all works together to create a simple yet sophisticated ensemble. 





Firstly to prep my skin I complete my morning skincare routine (click the link if you wish to see what that entails). 

Subsequently I begin with the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, which we all know and love, as it was a classic beauty blogger staple a few years ago. I still enjoy it, as it gives good coverage, and a lovely radiance to the skin. I apply that with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, taking care to really buff it into the skin, so I don't look orange or patchy.



Then I touch up my under eye area and any red areas with my Seventeen Phwoarr Paint Concealer, which has really nice coverage to it. Following this my Sleek Face Contour Kit comes into action, to contour and bronze up my skin. Next I use the highlighter in the kit to highlight my cheek bones. Afterwards I apply my Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in 'Sunkissed Cherry'. I adore this formula, it looks intense when you put it onto the back of your hand, but when you smudge (very professional term right there) it out using a brush then it looks incredibly subtle on the skin. I then get my eyebrows filled in sharpish with the Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision Shaping Pencil, it does the trick very well. 




Now that my base is complete, it is time for my most favourite product of all. Enter the Marc Jacobs Eye Shadow Palette in 'The Dreamer'. This is so beautiful, I could stare at it forever. The shadows are so buttery and blendable, and all the good things... plus it contains the most stunning shades; creams, browns, roses and golds (let me know if you want a full review on this palette, with swatches and what-not). I use the cream shade for my base, and the dark brown in my crease, as well as in my tight-line as eyeliner. I also then go over the full lid with a mixture of the gold and rose shades. To finish off the eye-shadowing I use the palest shade to highlight my inner corner and brow bone. Then with a touch of My Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Mascara it helps to define and lengthen my lashes, making my eye look complete.




 After all this is finished, I put Rimmel Match Perfection 2-in-1 Concealer and Highlighter under my eyes to combat any dark circles. Followed by setting my face with my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, to keep everything in place throughout the day. 

Finally I finish off the look with my Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 08. 

I hope this gives some insight or inspiration, into how to easily achieve a natural (looking) daytime face. Or introduce you to some new products you may want to try out. Also let me know in the comments below what is one of your staple make up items that I should add to my collection... 

No comments:

Post a Comment