Wednesday 5 February 2014

H&M FM's

H&M's Face Masks retail at £0.99.
For a pamper night in with your gal pals, or destressing after a hectic day, I enjoy the company of a good face mask. I tested three from the H&M face mask collection, over the space of a month. I found that each sachet had two face masks worth inside, however the packet is not resealable and becomes rather messy. So I used the same mask twice in one week, in order to use up the product and not allow it to go to waste by drying up, and to avoid making a mess of my bathroom. All three masks stated they served a different purpose, however I'm not so sure.


The blueberry mask states it nourishes, protects and refreshes. On application I welcomed the subtle smell of blueberries, although the mask made my face feels slightly cold and tight, it certainly was rather refreshing. The product came off easily with a cloth after the 10-15 minutes required (but the pink in the mask has left my wash cloth stained - a little warning there). My face immediately felt soft and smooth, something to do with the cooling sensation on my skin I imagine. However, I wouldn't say I noticed a dramatic difference in protection, but my skin did feel refreshed and nourished after the mask.
Lil' Scuuury 

Next on my hit list; the melon and pear mask, benefits include being refreshing and calming on the skin. A lovely light green colour, as opposed to the shocking purple blueberry one(I felt like an alien with that plastered on my face). But I felt similar traits with both masks while on my face - cool, calming, mask-like. However it differed to the blueberry mask once it was removed, my face felt squeaky clean, which was pleasant but it felt it had a more drying affect than the other. I would advise moisturizing immediately once finished. It did not appear to have made a drastic difference to my skin but felt lovely.

The third mask was the one I was most excited to try out, and that was the dead sea mineral mask, aimed to revive tired skin. It was as pleasing as the other two masks, but it did confirm my suspicions that all the masks seem to be incredibly similar, with similar results. 

Nonetheless I have been experiencing better skin recently so possibly a combination of the masks over time and with the help of other products, they have provided my skin some needed TLC. Also, for the price of these masks, I think they make great little additions to a girly sleepover, where you are able to treat your friends or yourself without breaking the bank. 

Have you tried any of the H&M masks? Do you feel they each serve an individual purpose or are they all much of a muchness? Let me know in the comments below... 


No comments:

Post a Comment